1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trying hard to 'count it all joy'...

Discussion in 'Geese' started by audy5000g, Feb 27, 2013.

1. audy5000g

audy5000g Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    Ordered from Ideal Poultry, never again by the way! They were 2 weeks behind when they said they would send birds. But they never emailed or called to let me know. I paid for electricity to warm brooders twice just to have to email them both times to see why my birds were not here.

They finally came and 1 of the 4 geese died that night. Plus they shipped the tiny turkeys with the huge geese so when 1 turkey came smashed and dead I was not surprised. And when 2 more died soon after, I was not shocked. Geese are huge and I am sure trampled them.

Now I can't find a place to order 1 more goose for my kids for the fair. They wont replace the goose just credited my account. Not that I would want them to now anyway.

The whole way through this the lady was disrespectful and insensitive. Bad business.

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Thats too bad, so sorry.

3. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    Very sorry to hear that. Wish I could help you, but I don't know anyone that raises the Embden's in your area. :(

4. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    How terrible!! [​IMG] I think that's another reason why people sometimes skip the hatchery & go straight to the breeder.

5. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    OH - just read your post where you ordered a new pair from a different hatchery. Hope you get better results!!

6. audy5000g

audy5000g Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2013
    me too

7. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    If you are going to go to hatchery instead of a breeder I would reccomend Meltzer or McMurray. I bought my first pair of sebastopols from Meltzer and ducks 10 ducks and they sent me 11 ducks. They were the healthiest ducks and sebbie goslings. They thrived only lost one duck. If they can not fill your order they called me and told me that I could only get 2 sebbies instead of 2 pairs. Which is great for them calling......
    I had never had geese or ducks before and that was a great way to start.......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by