Trying My Hand At Egg Ornaments

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Orange Ribbon, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    After seeing ornaments that others have made I figured I'd put some of my eggs to use. Some are duck eggs and some are chicken eggs. It is a lot more work to it than one might think! It is funny, I used to do craft shows a lot when I was young. I mostly sold wooden eggs that were woodburned with various designs. Some I sold at Christmas, some at Easter. I did very well with those, and after my work got out there I had people coming to get a dozen or more at a time for gifts to family or to Sunday School classes. So I guess I have graduated to real eggs now. I also made clocks and mirrors with wildlife art on those. Ended up graduating to the real thing doing taxidermy for about 10 years. Anyway, just thought I'd show these off. I'd like to see any new stuff some of you have made lately too. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, I love the ones in the middle picture! Very creative!

3. steigersa

steigersa Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    Hudson
    These are wonderful. Your doing such a nice job. I do this all the time and I love to see what everyone else does.

4. Orange Ribbon

Orange Ribbon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Thanks chicmom and steigersa. I'm just an [​IMG] but I always enjoyed crafty stuff. I'll probably give most of them away as Christmas presents. Then the family can call me a cheap [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Beautiful [​IMG]

6. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Nice eggs! I am decorating many eggs as well-all in various stages of being completed. It's nice to see photos of completed eggs. [​IMG]

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

You have patience, talent, and creativity! Wow, very, very impressive. Thank you for sharing these. You are inspiring me with ideas, too! [​IMG]

8. steigersa

steigersa Out Of The Brooder

Oct 12, 2011
    Hudson
    this is an egg I have been working on for the past 3 nights. Its going to be completely covered in shredded 100 dollar bills. My uncle gave me a bag of this shredded money and I decided to make him an egg with it. It's going to be a trinket box when I'm done. It will be hinged and a lining put inside and the egg will be trimmed in gold and rhinestones, with a gold base. He's going to be surprised at Christmas when I hand him this package with this.
    [​IMG]

9. farmerinKC

farmerinKC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Wow! steigersa-that is going to be some egg! I hope you will post a photo of it when it's done. [​IMG]

10. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:i'd be sitting there with glue and tape , pputting them back together ALL NIGHT LONG
    Where do you get shredded money anyways?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by