Trying my luck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by They Call Me Pete, Feb 7, 2012.

1. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    CT
    We buy our food at Whole Foods and the eggs we buy are fertile so this time I bought an extra dozen and going to throw them in the bator. May work or may not but have always wanted to try it. I know some have had success with Trader Joe's eggs. We are starting our flock over after moving into an apartment and landlord gave us the thumbs up for chickens. Will be interesting to see what we get if they do hatch [​IMG]

2. berniezahm

berniezahm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    Good Luck! Sounds like fun. Nice Land Lord you have.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. They Call Me Pete

They Call Me Pete Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    CT
    Yes for the most part. She thought we were going to have them in the house. I guess in her country they might. Then she was shocked even more when my wife said we need to know soon because it's getting hatching time. Good thing I kept the old brooding box. Well buy six younger layers so we can get eggs right away then add the young ones. Going to limit it to 12 until we get the farm. Hopefully by this fall

4. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Lets us know if the Whole Foods eggs work! Any idea what kind you might get?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by