Trying out the Brinsea R-COM

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Southern Gardener, May 10, 2009.

1. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    We put the 3 eggs in yesterday (Black Copper Maran and Splash Maran) Wish us luck!

[​IMG]

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

You'll be upgrading to a bigger bator in about 21 days...

3. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    HA! I already do! [​IMG]

4. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Oooh, I'm very curious to see how this goes, I've been thinking of getting one for My mom to use at her day care, I have a 1588 she can use, but she doesn't want to do much, and she likes the idea of an alarm going off when it need water, or there is a temp problem. Also she could use it with my Niece and Nephew ages 4 and 2! Keep us updated!

5. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    I will - it's pretty cool - it beeps right before the eggs turn and counts down the days for you. My mom is actually pretty excited about the outcome also!

6. swift081702

swift081702 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Kiowa, CO
    This is our first hatch. We purchased an R-Com mini as well, thought it would be great for our 3yr old to watch. We just put 3 Buff Cochin eggs in yesterday. Problem is, when I purchased the Mini I didn't think I'd be hatching more eggs. I had to buy a bigger Incubator for the other 3 eggs and 4 extra that were sent. I purchased an Little Giant w/fan & egg turner (the only ones sold locally), but am having all kinds of problems keeping the temp stable. So, I ordered a Hovabator 1588 and will return the LG. Oh, I also have Silkie eggs being sent next week. My husband thinks I've lost my mind. We'll be up to our necks in chicks by the end of the month.

7. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    swift, I also wanted to buy another bator, but the LG is the only one here they sell too, and I've read to many negative things about them.

8. swift081702

swift081702 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Kiowa, CO
    I originally purchased 2 R-Com Mini's; however, the second one they sent isn't working. I'm calling the company tomorrow. Are you having any condensation in your Mini? The one we have running now has condensation along the sides of the viewing cover.

9. Southern Gardener

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    No, I just checked it and it's not showing any condensation - seems to be working properly.

10. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I use the Brinsea RCom 20 and it works great - more room but just as automatic. I had 4 of them and lost them in a fire and replaced them all. Best incubators I had tried and I had tried several.

Happy hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by