Trying Pics 1st Time - BJ and Annie

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jjthink, Jul 20, 2008.

1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Testing to see if I figured out the photo posting thing - wanted to get it right before an emergency of any kind where photos might be crucial.
    Meet BJ and Annie and their Accomodations [​IMG]
    Sorry in advance if the photos come out huge - I'll know as soon as I post!!

BJ and Annie have a little house inside a larger stone building. The run enters the larger building - you can see their little chicken sized opening to the run just to the right of the little red chair against the wall with the sunflower painted above it. That opening is closed at night, of course...

They have run of the larger building except at night when they are tucked in their inner sanctum, (when it's really hot - as it has been - I leave the doors to their little house open for extra air flow but the larger building is locked....this way they get extra ventilation and I can aim more fans toward them).

Their coop is insulated (and covered with that blue stuff), has a window opening onto a window in the larger building, and it has a skylight that is right below a skylight in the larger building. This way they get enough light when they are inside.

JJ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh gosh! I LOVE your run!! [​IMG] Cute tenants too!

3. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    What a beautiful set up you have!! Love the run. What kind of roo is that? He is really pretty...handsome!!

4. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I love everything!! You have a great decorating style. Wanta come to my house??!!

5. jjthink

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    You are all so kind - thank you.

I don't know exactly what kind of roo BJ is. He showed up out of nowhere about 7 years ago, is gentle and brave and incredibly sweet to Annie, and Betty (RIP) before her. I never tire of looking at his exquisite feathers [​IMG]

JJ

6. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh yaaaaaaaaaaay! I love it when chickens show up and start living with me.

7. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Your photos are beautiful!

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Oh Judy, they're beautiful!!![​IMG] [​IMG]
    That's the first time I've seen them or your yard...gorgeous!

9. jjthink

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    ibpboo, it sure did change my life!

Vicki, Brenda, thanks very much! You are very generous. Took me long enough to get around to the photo thing Brenda! [​IMG]
    I was supposed to be working on a difficult project this morning having to do with a badly planned and executed development next door that is greatly damaging my property - it's an exhausting situation - and so I created a diversion by deciding to learn the photo posting thing - at least that's one thing I can cross off the "To Do" list!
    JJ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was trying to get ready for a talk I had to run to Philly to give - Annie decided at that moment to become a lap chicken
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  10. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Your Roo looks like a lovely Golden Phoenix

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by