1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trying this again...4 chickens For Sale

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Boxersluv, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Boxersluv

Boxersluv New Egg

Jan 30, 2008
    Dont know what these are I posted about them a while ago...I was told that they are some kind of american game fowl. I think there is 2 roos and 2 hens, the one hen has the same colors as the roos but it is more feminine looking...wattles and comb are very small, they are all the same age. Anyways, the reason I need to get rid of them is because they need to be housed seperately from other fowl, they beat up my ducks pretty severely. They dont bother eachother...just ducks for some reason...and I dont have enough room to house them. I spent 5 dollars a peice for them, and thats all I want in return. Thanks. I would like to see them all go together.

Im located in Northwestern IN, Granger/Elkhart area

Heres some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Boxersluv

Boxersluv New Egg

Jan 30, 2008
    Oh, I would prefer for them to be picked up, I have had birds shipped to me before but I have never shipped to anyone. I have hectic work schedule , I work at a hospital...so if I dont get back to someone right away, please dont lose patience, I will try asap.

3. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    3 roos, 1 pullet...the "gold" hackled roos are golden duckwings, (commonly called greys). The pullet looks to be some kind of wheaten/black breasted red cross. Nice looking birds...

4. Boxersluv

Boxersluv New Egg

Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks for clarifying that [​IMG] I figured roo, but the one acts so feminine....its weird

Well, no one interested yet??

How about 20$ or best offer??

OO, and do you know why one has like green or gray legs and the other three have yellow? J/W

5. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    They are probably crosses of different "families" of American gamefowl. Much like race horses and show dogs, pedigrees and maticulate breeding records were/are kept by breeders. "Greenish" legs usually indicates some "Hatch" influence, (fowl with lineage to a historic breeder Sandy Hatch). Some yellow legged fowl can be traced to an influence of China Gamefowl and/or "roundhead" fowl which show oriental gamefowl influence (asil). Fascinating birds to raise, although they require a little more care, (housing, penning and such), than average barnyard birds do.

6. funnyfarm

funnyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2008
    Indiana
    How many are you selling? In the photos it looks like you have 5 chickens, is that correct? Might be interested.

7. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    I would love a green legged roo, but I live in Mississippi, so it would have to be shipped. [​IMG]

8. beekybuzzard

beekybuzzard Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2007
    SC
    Quote:One of them is a duck.

9. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    One of them is a duck.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You owe me a new monitor !!!​