Trying times, but truly blessed... ((Pics))

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
Well, it has been a year since I have left my old home. SO (Chris) and I got into some financial trouble, he lost his job, and we just couldn't make it work. It was a family home, on 11 acres, and I hated to leave more than anything. There were other issues as well, family issues, but that is neither here nor there. Perhaps one of the most difficult things about the recent move was leaving my beloved dog behind with my folks. The decision was not easy, but Diesel was used to the country life, and that is something I can not give him here. Plus, Pit Bulls are illegal in our new hometown, so he had to stay. It is bittersweet, though, because now that I am further away from my folks, mom is home alone alot more, and he will be good company for her.

But to make a long story short, Chris and I are getting back on our feet, and just last month moved into our new place. It's much smaller, but it's what we could afford right now. It's not our "forever" home, but it is "our" home. I debated back and fourth on whether to post pics, most of you will probably think "What i the heck is she doing? That is certainly nothing to brag about!" But I am proud of how far we've come. With the economy the way it has been, it's not easy to dig out of a hole if you find yourself there, but we're doing it, and that is something I am definitely proud of. So here it is, our new place...

The cats seem to be happy with it
smile.png

29831_2011-12-28_035152.jpg

From the front door looking in...
29831_2012-01-04_211132.jpg

TV side of the living room... No pictures on the wall yet, but that's going to change next week!
29831_2012-01-04_211153.jpg

Seating side of the living room. (Ignore the couch, we're getting a new one this weekend)
29831_2012-01-04_211203.jpg

Here's the kitchen! The chicken theme is starting to hatch...
29831_2012-01-04_211222.jpg

The tiny bathroom...
29831_2012-01-04_211238.jpg

The cat room/study
29831_2012-01-04_211257.jpg

Did I mention the cats are happy?
29831_2012-01-04_222452.jpg

So yes, there have been some difficult times for my little family this past year, but it's a new year and a chance for new beginnings. Rather than dwell on the past hardships we've faced, I'm looking to the future, OUR future, and counting my many, MANY blessings.

Last edited:
NICE place Terrah!!!!! WOOT!!! I see the Kitchen Aid on the counter.....

Heck I just now read the post. Terrah this is nothing to be ashamed about. That is a great place, you and Chris are happy together. There is nothing more to it!!! Congrats on the new place!!! I LOVE it!!!

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
YAY for you and your new place!! I'm really sorry you've had such a hard time of it, but it sounds like things are looking up with your new place! So many of us or our friends or loved ones have lost everything over the last 4 years and are now living in tiny sheds, or in cars, or preparing to do so. Much respect to you...and there's much honor in being a thriver no matter what possessions we lose or where we call home, and your place is nothing to be ashamed of. I love your place! Cute kitties, too.
hugs.gif

Awww, WHY would you be ashamed of that cute place??
smack.gif
hugs.gif

I do feel bad about you having to leave Diesel, i didnt know that happend..
sad.png

I can imagine that hurts..
hugs.gif

You are JUST starting out in life... we have ALL been there and had to make those hard decisions and move around some...
I'm proud of you and all that you are accomplishing!
hugs.gif

Nice home. I saw that red kitchen appliance too.A beacon of good foods=good health.So sorry to read about the hardships. Glad things are getting better for you and your SO.

Are you serious? How adorable is that place! I'd say your doing great! If I could show you photos of our first couple of places my dh and I lived in when we first started out...you'd be thinking you are now living in a palace...Keep your chin up hunny...bright sunny skies are heading your way..stay positive...I'm sorry about your dog...had to have hurt but at least you can still visit and know he's being well taken care of..Who knows..maybe in the next year or two things will REALLY pick up for you guys and you can move and get him back? For now though...Be proud of your awesome little bungalo!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom