Trying to age my Cochin Bantams.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jenjan8998, Mar 7, 2014.

1. jenjan8998

jenjan8998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    I got these cute little gals and guy a few days ago. The person I got them from was about to just let them go out back in their woods. [​IMG] So naturally I snatched them up! They are so pretty, but I have no idea how old they are. I am also not exactly sure what their sex, but from all the other threads I have gone through, I am sure I have 3 pullets and 1 cockerel. Any help with ages, or even sex would be great. They are always running, so pics arent that great. I can try to get some better ones if I need too. These were taken when I first brought them home, it was cold out, so they stayed in the garage that night.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. They are fully feathered so maybe around 3 months.?? And yes they look like 1 rooster and 3 pullets.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  3. Studio2770

Studio2770 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2013
    Agreed. Chickens are domesticated animals... they've been raised by humans for thousands of years. What was that person thinking?

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I'm thinking in the 2-3 month range. They're not pure cochin, they do look mixed. So, sexing by color isn't reliable, we'd need comb shots and profile pics.

5. jenjan8998

jenjan8998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2014
    I was so mad when I went and picked them up, but am so happy I did. Thanks for yalls input! I am still working with them and trying to get them used to being handled so it is a little hard to get profiles and face shots, I will try though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by