Trying to attrack birds to my back yard.any ideas

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cluckcluck1215, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Trying to get squirrels, chipmunks and birds to live in my backyard.any ideas?

2. Carpenter

Carpenter Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    Put out a bird feeder with sunflower seeds.

3. chickluvinfreak

chickluvinfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Bird or quail blocks are great. Their like 10$ at the feed store, last longer than bird feed and attract a lot of different species. Peanuts are cheap and the squirrels and chipmunks love them. Having a shallow water dish out for them drink from is nice too. Plus a bird feeder in every tree and around your patio. Don't forget a hummingbird feeder. I used to put haycubes out for the rabbits but I'm not sure if they actually ate them or not. Do all that and I'm sure all the birds and critters will love you :)!

4. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    To get wildlife to live in your backyard, you must first make sure that you have a habitat that can support them. You need food sources, water, and shelter. Use native species in your landscaping. Plants and trees that bear fruit or nuts are good choices. And mix trees with lower growing shrubs and groundcovers to offer a variety of shelters.

5. My sister and I made squash bird feeders!LOL!ive tried a few things.i now have, a buch of chickadees(one ate right out of my hand!)one chipmunk and four squirrels, and a few nut hatches.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    My neighbor made some out of gourds - he wanted to attract house wrens and he did. Except they like my yard better and make a racket.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by