Trying to decide which breeds to add in spring

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ncCHICKS, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ncCHICKS

ncCHICKS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    I currently have a Dominique, EE, and Production red. (thinking of selling production red) Also I have a white cochin roo who I am trading for a blue cochin roo (don't ask [​IMG] ) Anyway. I was trying to decide what 2 (two) birds to add in spring. It's between

Delawares
    Buff Orpingtons
    Silkies

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Gotta have a Silkie! They're so lovable! [​IMG]

3. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Quote:I was planning on getting one from vfem... I love the look. Do they blend well with standard sized hens (my cochin is a bantam)

4. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    I added four silkies and three BO to my small flock in August. A friend of mine who I met through here gave them to me. How kind huh?
    Anyway, I really love my BOs. They are really in tune with us and follow us around. They are very sweet and very pretty. I love my silkies too, but all around I love my BOs in a different way.

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My Silkies live with my EEs and RIRs and everybody gets along fine. I did have to put a chicken saddle on my EE roo's favorite Silkie hen b/c he mated with her all the time at first and would make her back raw, but now she's just part of the flock.

6. ncCHICKS

Oct 5, 2008
    Hope Mills, NC
    Hehe, no love for delawares. I like the roos more than the hens. Any pics are more than welcomed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by