Trying to decide

nyfarmchick

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2020
I am brand new to peafowl. I have a 6 year old IB cock that was given to me. I have since (in the past 3 weeks!) acquired 10 peachicks that are about 3 months old. I am thinking of getting a mature peahen for my 6 year old since any that are hens from my chicks won’t be mature for a couple of years. The hen I am trying to decide about is a 5 year old white. I read the peafowl genetics sticky, so I know I’d have to know the parentage of the hen to know what I would get for chicks. My main concern is the age of the peahen. Until what age do peahens continue to lay productively? This peahen is a good layer and was a breeder this past season. Thanks!

It varies with them as to how long they can be productive, most hens do not hit their stride until they are three years of age and will lay well into their teens. Some will quit earlier and some later. There are reports of peas living 40 years and more but in general, if they live 20 years they have had a good run in life.

It varies with them as to how long they can be productive, most hens do not hit their stride until they are three years of age and will lay well into their teens. Some will quit earlier and some later. There are reports of peas living 40 years and more but in general, if they live 20 years they have had a good run in life.
Okay. Thank you! That helps.

Being an film maker in a city where you do not know anything about but saw only in move so it is a tough job or task you are doing on your daily basis as work can not be less but it may increase in the amount of load, like when I was in college of engineering and my assignment always got late to submitted on time then that time my friend suggested me to do college homework from term papers online where experts just do not your work but also help you to learn alot from your mistakes that you are making on daily basis. I learned alot and implement the same on the spot in life.

Back
Top Bottom