Trying to decide

Flawedatdesign

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Dixon Missouri
Okay I have 6 GC hens and 2 Roos. They lay about 4-5 eggs a day. Being Almost 2 I know the production is going to slow down. How long can I collect eggs to incubate. I know I have read up to about 7 days.

Also is it going to be worth doing it now as in 4 months it will start cooling down heading for winter.

That and I'd have to buy an incubator.

hi hatching eggs is fun and adicting. buy a styrafome incubator and get a turner. new or used dosent realy matter. or if you have plenty of money buy what ever you can aford. the key to hatching it realy three things 1 good eggs stored point down for less than 14days. 2 two new tested and known good thermometers. 3 incubator that temp stays where its set. then have fun. 20 odd days later new flock. its that easy. ive hatched thousands of birds and i still get excited on hatch days., and if you have frends that have birds get some of there eggs an give them a go you will get adicted.

Well I'm looking at the fact my GC hens are gonna slow way down. My little mix hens are laying like mad. the eggs are small though.

I could buy more chicks but getting hard to find and prices are going up as they get older

Back
Top Bottom