Trying to figure out what kind of chicks I have

carrie2017

Chirping
May 20, 2022
Virginia
So long story short I bought these cuties for Royal King they were clearly labeled wrong as Cochin and the teenagers working had no idea otherwise. My husband wanted these two so we brought them home anyways. I love my feathered babies no matter what haha but would love to know what breed I have here.

Attachments

• 20220520_200817.jpg
    20220520_200817.jpg
    549.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220520_200806.jpg
    20220520_200806.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220520_200745.jpg
    20220520_200745.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The black one could be a Australorp or Jersey Giant and the other one is a Easter Egger.
I thought maybe the one was a Easter egger looks pretty close to the other two we got from royal king that were labeled as Easter eggers just a bit darker. Thought I would have a second opinion as I am still learning thank you for replying .

I disagree. The black one has a pea comb so isn't any the aforementioned breeds. Both look to be Easter Eggers :)
Thank you. I'm prefectly fine with more Easter eggers just happy to know especially the little black one. Crazy how different one can look from the rest but still be the same breed. As you can tell I'm still learning.

Thank you. I'm prefectly fine with more Easter eggers just happy to know especially the little black one. Crazy how different one can look from the rest but still be the same breed. As you can tell I'm still learning.
Since Easter Eggers are just a mix that lays colored eggs, they can look like practically anything! Some are even made with Cream Legbars giving them crests and single combs :)

Since Easter Eggers are just a mix that lays colored eggs, they can look like practically anything! Some are even made with Cream Legbars giving them crests and single combs :)
Sorry to bug you figured I ask a quick question since I already have this thread going to see if you know. How old are Easter eggers before you can tell the sex? I know will the silkies I have I was told it would take awhile then my others I got are just production red hens so I know with them already.

Back
Top Bottom