trying to figure who is laying the white egg

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickcribs, Dec 27, 2009.

1. chickcribs

chickcribs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    I have 10 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Guineas, 1 white rock and 2 leg horns.

I know the Rhodies are laying already, the white rock started laying about a month ago, very small light colored egg. But last week, we started to get one tiny white egg a day. I'm not sure if it is the Leg Horn, Guinea or the white rocks egg has now turned white. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advanced.

[​IMG]

2. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    My guess is one of the leghorns!

3. TDB

TDB Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2009
    My guess is one of the Leghorns. It could be that the White Rocks egg suddenly turned white but a chickens egg usally does not change color. Guineas lay medium sized brown eggs so it couldnt be them.
    Hope this helps,
    TDB

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Leghorn. Your darker/bigger brown eggs will be the RIR's. Whites, Leghorns. And I believe Rocks lay a tan colored egg? I'm not sure, too many breeds to remember [​IMG] LOL.

5. godfather

godfather Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Blountville Tn
    i bought 2 leghorns from tsc 1 lays brown the other lays white but the one that lays white has white ears! i dont know! hope this helps

6. smarsh2

smarsh2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Not the guinea, their eggs are more conical shaped. that is shaped just like my dad's brown leghorn eggs and is the right size too.

7. chickcribs

chickcribs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    Thanks for everyones comments. I am now believing it's one of the leghorns. Very cool. Thnaks.

8. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Quote:The brown egg layer was mislabled then and is really not a leghorn. Have any pics of it?

9. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep that'll be one of your leghorns [​IMG]

10. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Guinea eggs are distinctly different, smaller, and you can see the pores. They also have a very thick shell, hard to crack sometimes. Just FYI for future reference [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by