Trying to find a thread about a v. large chicken tractor

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Time-Out, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I'm hoping someone on here will know exactly what I mean and may even have saved the thread... I've been searching for weeks and can't find it...

About 6-12 months ago, someone, a frequent visitor, created a thread about their chicken tractors. The main image was their avataer. It looked like a large red barn on wheels, with a lovely broken angled roof. The photo showed this in the distance, in a field of green, with chickens roaming all around it.
    The thread they created actually detailed the build process. I remember they said they had difficulties with the bottom of the roof, the way it curved back out.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, can you please tell me where to find this?

2. Time-Out

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    As soon as I ask, I find it. I should have asked months ago. Can a mod please delete this?

3. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    [​IMG]
    Isn't that the way it always is?

Care to share the link? Now I'm curious to see it too.

4. Time-Out

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  5. sparrker

sparrker Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Baldwinsville, NY
    We are in the process of building one that is similar and I hope by the end of the weekend it will be done. I will post pictures when done. It is a 8ftx14ft large mobile coop. It is on an old wagon running gear, with sawed wood from our sawmill. So far the only expense is the steel roof. Everything else has been recylcled from an old shed or cut wood from the sawmill with trees that came from our woods.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by