Trying to find out what I need permits for. Please help

Califowlday

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 6, 2009
I am trying to find a list of what pheasants, that tells which you need a permit for and which you don't. I live in California. I also need to know about chukars and quail. I looked on fish and game and couldn't find anything..... please help.

Go to your State Department of Agriculture for permit info....

Hope that this helps!

Be blessed and be a blessing...

The only list I've found said that ringnecks needed a permit and that ornamentals didn't.

Thank you both for answering, you've both helped:)

You might want to call the Game Commissioner to verify. In VA, it was listed right on the Dept of Wildlife website. We need a permit for native species like Bobwhite quail, Chukar, Ringnecks, etc. I still called the commissoner to verify that I could keep Coturnix quail without a permit because I wanted to be absolutely certain.
smile.png

Quote:
GOOD ADVICE--- BETTER TO ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN(WHICH CAN BE DIFFICULT SOMETIMES BY LOOKING ONLINE) THAN TO BE FACING DESTRUCTION OF YOUR STOCK AND "X" NUMBER OF $186.50 FINES-- 1 FINE FOR EACH ILLEGAL ANIMAL...

LEAST WAYS YOU CAN GET A STRAIT ANSWER "RIGHT FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH" AND HAVE NO DOUBTS AFTER THAT. THIS IS VERY GOOD ADVICE FOR ANY STATE, BUT ESPECIALLY OUT THERE IN CALIFORNIA--- Y'ALL HAVE SOME LAWS THAT SEEM REALLY WIERD TO ALOT OF OTHER PLACES HERE IN THE COUNTRY

I SEE LOTS OF POST ON HERE "WHAT DO I NEED TO OWN..." AND DO I NEED A PERMIT? THE BEST ANSWER IS " CHECK WITH YOUR STATE OFFICIALS" JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET GAVE YOU AN INCORRECT ANSWER DOES'NT MEAN YOU WONT GET IN TROUBLE IF THEY WERE WRONG. FISH AND GAME WONT FOOL AROUND, AND THEY DONT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS--- MANY FISH AND GAME DEPTS GET REVENUE FROM 2 SOURCES--- SALE OF LICENCES AND PERMITS, AND FINES FROM INFRACTIONS.

Yeah I appreciate that. There are a lot of odd laws out here.. I want to move back to Wyoming so bad, and would if not for my family.
I diffidently don't need any fines.

Thanks so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom