Trying to find post

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rammy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    Does anyone remember the title to a post concerning someone who had a trespasser and some people replied about the security measures they took to know when someone was on thier property? Someone posted, and I think, also placed a link for buying some driveway sensors to alert them when someone came inot thier driveway? I had to call the sheriff tonight because of something wierd going on.

I have a game camera in a tree next to my driveway. I looked at the snapshots tonight, and sometime after 6am, and this was after I left for work, there are a series of shots on there where the camera was clearly moved. One minute it was pointing at my truck, the next, towards the fence facing the neighbors. You also see what appears to be a flashlight pointing at the camera.

When I was mowing Thursday, I notice the straps were hanging down. I just thought one of the cats worked them loose climbing the tree as I have had shots of the cats tummy on the camera before. Until I viewed the photos tonight, which I do once a week. I did have it on video, but switched it to camera because for some reason, the time stamp doesnt show on the video and I have no idea when it took the video.
    So anyway, if anyone remembers the name of the post that has the link Im looking for, Id appreciate it. [​IMG] Right now, Im researching security cameras.

Sheriiff said they would drive by later and spotlight my property and to let them know if anything unusual happens.

Rammy

2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Was it um, locked? I think it was, wasn't it?

3. maple

Apr 28, 2010
  4. maple

Apr 28, 2010
    That's creepy by the way and I hope you figure it out. You're going to have to be sneaky and *hide* a camera and maybe point it at the camera that's getting tampered with.

5. Rammy

Oct 20, 2008
    No, I dont think that was the one. I think it was one where a lady came onto the property and tried to steal a baby goose? Someone who replied to that thread had given a link for driveway sensors and I ment to keep that link and look at them later. If anyone knows of the link Im trying to remember, that would be great!! Alzheimers is kicking in.

Rammy

6. Rammy

Oct 20, 2008
    Thanks Gallo. I thought that was the one but it doesnt have a link that Im looking for. Dang it and my crappy memory. I'll just have to go thru the posts and look for it one at a time. Maybe I'll find it that way. Next time, Im writting down the dang website links when I see them instead of thinking, ok, I'll remember what post that was on later. Uh-huh..............duh!!

Rammy

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Rammy, I just click on "subcribe to this topic" in the very bottom left hand corner under the page number. Then you can click on "Subscibed topics" and find it. I have to do that alot on the threads I want to find again, because my memory is terrible when it comes to stuff like that.
    Hope you can catch whoever it is.
    Good luck!

8. Rammy

Oct 20, 2008
    I do that most of the time, but didnt in this case because I thought Id remember the name of the post. I swear Alzheimers is kicking in. Thanks for everyones help, though. Im sure the link Im looking for will resurface at some point or another person will post the link for the driveway sensors. If I remember right, the person who posted that reply had a long driveway, had cameras, and, of course, dogs, so they knew if someone was coming onto thier property before they even saw them.
    I want to get them to put on the corner of my fence so I know if the jerks next door are trespassing on my property. Still mulling over the best camera to get for the house so it records 24/7 and I dont have to rely<sp> on hoping the game camera snaps the shot. Bad thing about that is, they knew to walk around behind it so they wouldnt be caught on the camera. If they are going to go so far as trying to steal from me, thats when I draw the line of turning the other cheek.
    I told my Mom even though Im not of that faith, I think I qualify for sainthood as many times as Ive turned the other cheek!!

Rammy

9. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    We have two driveway sensors, one by the road and one about halfway in (very long driveway with a bend in it). The one by the road was installed by ADT and works about a third of the time. Every once in a while, it takes fits and gives us lots of false alarms. We purchased the halfway point sensor at our farm co-op. It works most of the time for vehicles, but gives lots of false alarms if the wind is hitting it just right. Occasionally, they both conk out at the same time and we get no warning at all until the UPS truck honks his horn! Nothing is perfect, I guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by