Trying to find rabbits

anthonyjames

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Port Washington, WI
I am in Wisconsin between Sheboygan and Milwaukee in a town called Port Washington. I have been trying to find rabbits to breed for meat. I have been searching for almost 3 months now and just found 2 Californian does. Drove a total of 4 hours to get them round trip. Basically was a steal. Person's grandkids raised their mother for a 4-H show and it was accidentally bread and they sold them to me for $2 and a 3 compartment hanging cage for $10 with feeders and nest boxes. I am new to this but thought it worth the drive for the price. I am still looking for 2 more Californian does and at least 2 californian bucks.

I would also like to find 4 does and 2 bucks of another breed. New Zealands, Satins or something that is a meat rabbit as well.

Can anyone out there point me to some places or people that may have rabbits for sale. I already have an order for 300 rabbits for a rescue center the rehabilitates birds of prey. So I need to find some other rabbits before spring.

Can anyone help?????

I can't help in finding them but wanted to say Congrats! on the ones you got. Great price. Good luck in your search.

Go to a rabbit show. there are plenty of them in wisconsin. You shoul dbe able top find just about any meat breed rabbit at them. You can find the information on them at www.arba.net

In the past I've raised rabbits for meats. 1 buck will work for up to 10 does with no problems.
Standard Rexes are also a good choice for meat rabbits.

Wisconsin seems to be known more for smaller rabbit breeds then meat breeds.
I havent had much luck finding any other breeds besides Mini rexes, Holland lops, polish & a few other small breeds.
Have you tried your local craigslist?

The Wisconsin State Rabbit Breeders Association may be of some help
www.wsrba.org

I would google rabbit breeders in your state. I have found breeders that way.
You can also go check out rabbitsonline.net

Back
Top Bottom