trying to get the incubator right grrr

hdowden

Crowing
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
louisiana
ok so i have one of our marans egg in (idk if its furtile or not i think so), the temp goes between 99.5-100.1 atuo turner but the humidity is around 20 (which makes it 26 on mine) so i put some water in it but i cant keep it at the same humidity. whats the min. and max for an egg before lock down, trying to get it at the right humidity before my actual d'uccle eggs that order get here(should be by sat.)

I don't know what you are asking is your humidity at 20% or are you on day 20? The "which makes it 26 on mine" is very confusing. I run mine around 45 no lower than 25, at lock down I raise it between 65 and 70 %. I also have Duccle eggs on the way and mine will be here tomorrow. According to the Old Farmers Almanac the 14-16 are the best days to set chicken eggs for this month.

sorry its the humidity i'm talking about here. this is my first time dealing with eggs and not day old chicks and i'm trying to get a good hatch for my first time
fl.gif
my fingres are crossed for my d'uccle eggs when they get here

I will have mine at 99 to 100*. Where did you you get your Duccle eggs? What kind? I have Black and Blue Mottled coming. I'm so excited. I have Porcelain and a Mille Fleur pullets and roosters and one Black Mottled chick.

i ordered mine from teddi. porcelain and mille with porcelain herataige and i have one self blue roo thats got a big attude coming in (got him for free and he was around 4 months so idk how they raised him but it seems like he wasnt handled much, hard to catch and trys to strike at you but hes my baby and i wont let him go unless he gets to bad).

heres my readings

103640_031.jpg

the humidity is off by 6 so it says 32 but is actually 38.

103640_030.jpg

this one reads 100 -101 at times

Back
Top Bottom