Trying to get Tolbunt Into the Bantam Polish

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by JordanFamily, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I was hoping someone might give me some advice. Do you know anyone that is breeding the Tolbunt into the bantam size? Can't seem to find anyone so I am thinking about just doing it myself. My question is if I have a flock of bantams can I use any of them to cross the LF Tolbunt to get the size down without distroying the color?
    I presently have in Polish bantams:
    2 WC Black hens, and 1 might be self black,
    2 WC Khaki Roos,
    1 WC Chocolate Roo, and
    several WC Chocolate hens.
    Should I try with a totally different color that is found in Bantams so I do not distroy the coloring on the LG Tolbunts? If so what??? And does anyone have the colored birds I should be using for sell?
    Your advice is very much appriciated everyone. I would much rather find someone that has already got the coloring in the bantams and get some chicks from them to work with but will start from scratch if needed... If you have done some crossing trying to do this I would also like your advice... So everyone join in with your ideas PLEASE!!!
    Thanks, Kristina
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I would use golden laced polish Bantams. There are a few people working the bantam Tolbunt. Good luck.

3. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    yeah but who???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by