trying to hatch eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sager:)silkies, Oct 5, 2011.

1. sager:)silkies

sager:)silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    i have 1 of my silkie hens sitting on 6 eggs but i candle them and i cant see development som1 plzz help

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG] How long has you broody been sitting on the eggs? I will take a few days before you will see any veining. I usually do my first candle on day 10.

3. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    O ty 1 is like 10 days old and i can only see a bunch of black stuff and the other 1s a only like 1 day old and there is a couple 5 dsy old 1s

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
  5. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks those where great help but most of mine don't look like these so dose that mean there dead or should i just leave them:(

6. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    yay i just candled my eggs earlyier tonight and i saw the veins growing from the middle this is th first time ive tried to hatch eggs

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

8. sager:)silkies

Oct 1, 2011
    Canada
    I got a hen sitting on a egg but what can i use to mark them that won't harm the baby develping and i got another question is there really a picific way candling eggs to tell if there alive sorry for dumb questions but I'm a beginner ty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by