Trying to identify everyone in my coop! Relatively new to this

stephross

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 30, 2014
Cancun,Mexico
the hen is very tiny and lays smaller eggs than the other chickens,the tiny baby I'm not sure what is could anyone help me? And also identify the rooster! I'm sorry! So many questions but I've had a bit with these unidentified guys!
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I can't tell the breed on the chick. It is hard to tell in young birds, and I suspect that it is a mix.

The hen looks like a possible Old English Game mix. I'm thinking that your rooster is a Delaware or Columbian Rock mix.

The chick might be a speckled sussex, but there are so many breeds that look like that as chicks. I have had SS that look like that, so I'm throwing it out as a possibility! I'd say the hen is most likely an old english game cross, but I've also seen Seramas like that. How small is she? And as for the rooster, he looks like most likely a delaware/delaware cross! :)

The chick might be a speckled sussex, but there are so many breeds that look like that as chicks. I have had SS that look like that, so I'm throwing it out as a possibility! I'd say the hen is most likely an old english game cross, but I've also seen Seramas like that. How small is she? And as for the rooster, he looks like most likely a delaware/delaware cross! :)

Thank you for the info! Seems like he is a a mix and by looking at images theres no denying he looks like both! he was a gift so I know nothing about them,the chick no idea which egg it hatched from could be from a white hen,the one pictured (who lays small eggs) or the Rhode Island red.The hen is small half the size of a Rhode Island Red,maybe smaller! I appreciate the help! Much love from Cancun,Mex

Back
Top Bottom