trying to order -- Ideal Poultry

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by vsmenagerie, Jul 28, 2011.

1. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    So, I was trying to place an order for some babies and when I clicked continue checkout, it went to a different page. Im pretty sure it didnt charge me or go through, but wanted to ask if they send you an email confirmation or anything when the order DOES go through right??

Id like to get these ordered tonight or in the morning at the latest!

2. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    When I placed my order last saturday I got a confirmation e-mail almost immediatly from them showing my order. Then they called me on monday to confirm the order and to let me know the ship date I requested would not be a problem. If you are worried about it though give them a call in the morning and confirm or place the order over the phone. Sounds like it didn't go through tho. They are great to talk to on the phone and Im sure would be happy to help you. Honestly I think they only ship on wed anyway so you could place your order between now and then and be fine. But the sooner the better to make sure they have what you are after. I know they did have some problems with a shortage this week of a type or 2 so wish you luck...... I got all silkies and 2 light/white brahma pullets. Looking forward to getting them in the morning [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Thanks! I think I may just do it again and give them a call in the morning. Im wanting laying hens and so far, everything says available for the 3rd..we'll see!

ETA: It did it again. I think I'll call and place it that way!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Thats what I would do to.
    They must be having a glitch with their website.
    That is the 1 thing I think they need to do better.... If you are not careful you can erase your whole order and have to start all over again!
    I did it a couple of times. Not the same as what you are getting tho.
    Doing it on the phone is better anyway that way you know there is no mistakes [​IMG]

5. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I think with ideal's website you can't hit the "back" button on your browser.. seems to me I had the same problem and when I stopped hitting that it worked fine (you have to click "continue shopping" to go to a different type of bird)..

6. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Quote:Its when I have my order, I enter all my info and click the button that says click here to checkout. It wont go to step 3 of the checkout. It just goes to a different page. So I will just call them in the morning, as I tried it twice, with the same result lol

7. 2hot2chicken

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    Quote:When you go to their sales page wipes out your order as well. I had my cart full of what I thought I was going to order and then clicked continue shopping and went to the sales page but even though I selected a sales package and added it to my cart, when it changed pages to the shopping cart it was blank except for the sales item I had added....... [​IMG]

All Im saying is I got frustrated to as it sounds like others have. Works better to just give em a call.......

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  8. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    Def call if you want those chicks on the third otherwise they put you in for the following week. I always get a confirmation e-mail within a day.

9. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    [​IMG]:

They will be shipping on the 3rd and should arrive on the 5th!!

[​IMG]:

ETA: I ordered 5 pullets each of: buff orphington, partride plymouth rock, ameraucana and light brahma [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  10. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Its when I have my order, I enter all my info and click the button that says click here to checkout. It wont go to step 3 of the checkout. It just goes to a different page. So I will just call them in the morning, as I tried it twice, with the same result lol

I've had it do that too.. I found out that i had accidentally opened multiple pages on different tabs.. once I closed it all out and started over with just one page (and stayed with just one tab) it worked ok.. I have no idea why their website can be so stubborn at times.. at one point i even ended up emailing their customer service and got a phone call the next day.. the woman on the phone acted like she had never heard of anyone having problems with their website before.. but was more than happy to offer to take my order over the phone.. but I managed to get the website to work on my own and didnt want duplicate orders

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by