Trying To Regulate My Incubator Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chixruleboysdrool, Sep 25, 2011.

1. chixruleboysdrool

chixruleboysdrool Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Portland,ME
    My hovabator incubator's temp keeps going up to 120 no matter what I do!!! Does anyone know what I should do??? I have chicken eggs coming sometime this week!!!!!!! Please help!!!!!

2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    OK, what model incubator do you have? And, what are you using as a thermometer?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

i would get a second thermometer and see what it says. The hova bators are pre-set to 100* as far as i know. I've had thermometers that read very low and very high from what the actual temp is. Get a thermometer that you can calibrate. I ordered 1 from Cutler Supply for 21.00 that is a therm. /hygrometer... order # 3018... they shipped FAST and it's very accurate .been having good hatches using it in my hova bator .

4. chixruleboysdrool

Sep 22, 2011
    Portland,ME
    I think its a model 2362n because thats what it said on the sticker. Im using the thermometer that came with the incubator.[​IMG]

5. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Can you just take the thermometer out of the bator and see it read your house temperature right?

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I just toss the thermometers that come with the incubators! They are highly inaccurate... I suggest when you get another thermometer, that you look at a Radio Shack inside/outside combination hygrometer. It's $20 something but really helps. I also calibrate thermometer, hygrometer as this really helps on accuracy. Let me know if you need links for learning how to do that! Have a great evening... Be blessed. Nancy

7. chixruleboysdrool

Sep 22, 2011
    Portland,ME
    My thermometer reads it right. What do I do now?[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  8. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    The 2362 is with the wafer, right? Don't you have to adjust it with the thing on the top of the bator?

9. Barbedwirecat

Barbedwirecat Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Limestone
    If it's wafer try keeping the wing nut loose instead of tightening it. That helped me a TON. Turn it towards decrease a full turn and see what happens. I also recommend a digital thermometer with a humidity setting. They are cheap and are easy to read. Just make sure to calibrate it. Walmart/Radio Shack has them. They make your life a lot easier.

Do you have a picture of the incubator?

10. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by