Trying to search for a person from the past.. Any search engines?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Dec 4, 2010.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Anyone know of any search sites to search for people from your past?? Thanks!

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Dang it, Redhen, I do, and can't think of it; I had a client who was looking for some heirs and I googled "looking for people at no cost" or "for free" and this name came up that i clicked on and it was amazing . . .its a strange little name . . .and it wasn't the first one that came up . . .but you can really find out some good info FREE and then if you want to get into the real nitty gritty it costs, but they have a first time user fee that is very reasonable . . . I will try to find it and repost on this.

HERE IT IS. IT IS DARN GOOD FOR FREE.
    #
    People Search by ZabaSearch - Honestly Free People Search
    Honestly free people search. All U.S. postal addresses & telephone numbers revealed free. Three-times more listings than white pages phone directory. Search by Name.
    www.zabasearch.com - Cached
    #

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  3. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Thank you very much!! [​IMG]

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

5. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    None for that only that are free. All I know of is some that LOOk like they're free and aren't. I signed up for one, and was not exactly delighted to find that a certain desperate gentleman from my past was looking for me, LOL. Another had a GREAT idea for an invention, all he wanted for me was to figure out how specifically to do it. And I was going to be allowed to do that for free, lucky me.

There are, though, ways to find people without signing up for a paying site. I used to be really good at digging up people. Lately, it's gotten far, far easier as so many people have a presence on facebook or similar sites.

It really helps to know the person's interests, as many interests have small communities, and there are only a handful of websites the person might be chatting on. And if the person has a profession or product s/he markets, s/he's likely to have a web page advertising that.

Contacting former mutual friends is another avenue. If there's a school reunion committee that's another route.

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Much I dislike some of these websites, FACEBOOK is an amazing place to hook up with people from the past.

7. thaiturkey

thaiturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Thailand
    Have you tried Googling the person's name?

8. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yeah... nothing is coming up..
    Phooey.. [​IMG]

9. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    You know you could, you could just tell us who this here
    person from your past is.

Dey's lots of us here on BYC. 70,000 or so someone said.
    Maybe one of us know him? Give us a chance to help you right
    out.

(I've looked up a few old friends. But always had a starting point.
    High school or a club or something.)

10. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Good idea! But i hate to put someones name out on the internet... tempting as it is.. [​IMG]

What should i do? Would that be a bad thing to do? I dont know.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by