trying to start lockdown unplugged fan and temperature dropped

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loveoursilkies, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Loveoursilkies

Loveoursilkies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    I unplugged the fan as many suggest, but the temperature dropped quickly. I really, really hate to try to "readjust" the temperature on this LG, as they are terrible. I immediately plugged the fan back in, the fan blows out a hole, not on the eggs. the eggs are not directly under the fan. My worry is that I'm trying to start lockdown and don't know what to do about the fan. The temp. stays good with the fan, is terrible without. I lost all of our first hatch and am trying to get this better. I only saw a few of them moving, but put 7 in lockdown, a few are alive for sure, at this point. I think the fan is keeping the humidity from raising, it is only around 40% and I know I need it higher, or, well I think. Their air sacs aren't as large as I'd like to see, so maybe I'm ok. I will get a better incubator, I will get a better incubator, say it with me, I will get a better incubator. This thing causes too much anxiety. Drives me crazy!

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Leave the fan on. Why did people tell you to unplug it. Just fill the water resvors and leave the bator till they hatch.

3. Loveoursilkies

Loveoursilkies Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2012
    Thanks, that it what I decided, temp. Is staying good! Hope we get at least 2 since we didn't get any last time

4. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    x2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by