Trying to think of a new hairstyle, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by reveriereptile, Nov 16, 2010.

1. reveriereptile

reveriereptile Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I've had pretty much the same hairstyle since 1999 and sort of want to change it. Right now I'm growing out the sides of my head. My head is pretty much a mohawk cut but the rest is long past my shoulders. I'm not sure how to get it cut. I've had a bowl cut when I was a kid and hated it (wasn't my choice) and then when I got to pick out my hairstyle I had a mullet with a rat tail (young Billy Ray Cyrus style almost). My mom hated that style cause I'm a girl and everyone thought I was a boy. She use to joke around that she had a boy that she didn't want. I've always been a tomboy. One problem I'm having with picking out a hairstyle is that my face looks similar to Tilda Swinton (white witch from The Chronicles of Narnia). I have a thin pale face with a long nose so it is hard to figure out what would look good on me. I forgot to add that my husband is an attorney/judge so I need something that fits my taste but not to wild since I might have to be around other judges. If I could have it my way I'd make the top shorter and have a spiked mohawk. I also want to keep my hair its natural color. My hair has never been dyed so it is a natural medium blond.

2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    So Tilda's dreads from the movie are not an option? I thought her hair was great. [​IMG]

Pixie cuts are really "in" right now, and you can make them as edgy or conservative as you want, all depending on the particular cut and how you style it. [​IMG]

3. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    LOL. I actually tried to talk my mom into letting me get dreads before. I had seen some people at school with them that had the well kept clean looking ones. They used a different type of wax that didn't attract insects but she said no. Probably a good think since they have to be cut out. I actually like the pixie hairstyles. I just wasn't sure if they would look good on me. I did manage to find a 2 year old picture of me from my wedding that is the most current one I have. Wasn't the best picture since it was windy outside and my veil was falling out of my hair. Maybe I'll photoshop some hairstyles on my head.

[​IMG]

4. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
  5. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    Thanks. My mom actually found the dress at a Goodwill store. She knew I didn't care for spending a lot of money on a dress and wanted an older style one. She paid $50 for it and luckily when she had me try it on that it fit. The was the second dress I wore within a 7 year period. I do like that hair style. Was reading that for my face shape with a pixie cut to have bangs which will shorten the forehead area.

6. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here are 2 I think are flattering.

7. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    Dont cut your hair it is beautiful.

But, if you must, the 2 styles pictured are very nice

8. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    I my keep my hair long but would like to have some ideas just incase I do decide to cut it. I'm had my hair the same for so long that I get tired of it. Also I'm 26 so my hair still sort of grows fast incase I did get a short style and decided to grow it out again. My hair I noticed is starting to get thinner than it use to be unless I kept accidently shaving more off the sides and not realizing it.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I dont see what you mean by mohawk by that pic you posted?? I see no mohawk... [​IMG]

10. reveriereptile

Mar 17, 2008
    Northern NY
    My long hair covers the shaved areas. I found a really old picture from back when I was in high school that sort of shows the shaved area with my hair combed back. I've actually got more shaved underneath than what is shown in the picture. Accidently gotten into my other hair by trimming it. The shaved area goes all the way around my ear. I have tried to spike my hair into a mohawk for Halloween one year but it was just to long and I couldn't do it myself.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by