TSC and EE bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jmiller429, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    If you bought bantam chicks from TSC, you DO NOT HAVE EE's. The birds shipped in the hatchery assortments are a variety of purebred bantam breeds, and EE's dont fit the profile!
    Those little chipmunks are probably OEGBs. Sorry for the rant, but im real tired of reading EE for every single picture i look at!

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    Duly noted!
    Sounds like me with the "I have an Ameracauna" when what they actually have is an EE... [​IMG]

3. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    What is the difference in an Ameracauna and an EE?

4. Jmiller429

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    ameracauna is a breed of chicken. an EE is an ameracauna crossed with 23924583473894534543535839675 different possibilities. ( that lays colored eggs)

5. Jmiller429

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    true standard ameracauna [​IMG]
    EE [​IMG]

americauna chick [​IMG]

OEGB chick [​IMG]

brown leghorn chick [​IMG]

they all look he same! and none of them are EES [​IMG]

6. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    Ok I thought all Ameraucanas were considered EEs (due to their egg color) but knew not all EEs were pure Ameraucanas. Thank you for the clarification.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Actually, it depends on which hatchery TSC orders from. Mine orders from Privett. Privett claims to sell Ameraucana bantams. To them, their Ameraucanas are the real deal. But, they are not, they are EE's. Most hatcheries do not sell true Ameraucanas or Araucanas. They are in fact EE's. You are right though in the fact just because a chick is chipmunk pattered, does not mean it is an EE. Look for poofy checks and pea combs. EE's can come in just about any color combination.

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I have 3 bantam EE's that where gotten from a farm store. So sometimes they do have EE bantams even if they are marked as Ameracuana bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by