TSC assorted bantams fun guess?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TrixiePA, May 10, 2009.

1. TrixiePA

TrixiePA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    South Central PA
    Here they are, 9 days old. Any wisdom or fun guesses out there? I have a few ideas but really have no practical experience so some who are wiser will have better ideas. They were straight run and 3 definately did have earlier tailfeathers and pointy=er/more developed wing feathers. But I understand that's not a sure thing by any stretch.

Thanks for looking and any suggestions you might have. It's my first time at posting a picture so please bear with me.

This little one looked very chipmunk, s/he's super noisy.

[​IMG]

Number 2 s/he had pure black beak and feathered legs at 1 day but is starting to lighten up.

[​IMG]

Number 3 has feathered legs

[​IMG]

2. TrixiePA

May 1, 2009
    South Central PA
    Okay duh on me, I had 3 more to upload and oh well.. here is the other 3.

Polish?
    [​IMG]

This s/he is really pretty, her wings seem to be coming in light blue... s/he's mean and we've taken to calling it the bullly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last but not least, this s/he is heavy, over 2 oz makes it the heaviest..
    [​IMG]

3. gabbyscritters

gabbyscritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    fredonia, wi
    I have a post out there for my chicks also. Your number 1 chick looks just like our dark brahma and number 2 looks just like our black cochins. Not a expert at all but they do look like our guys. all cute

4. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    You have mostly cochins (feathered legs) one top hat, and a unknown.

5. TrixiePA

May 1, 2009
    South Central PA
    Thanks... I was good with cochins... and I picked the polish b/c it was the only one like it in the whole bin... do you think # could be an OEGB? MY husband would be super excited... Are they mean?

Guess no guesses yet on sex?

6. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    In my expericane (and i've only had one).

They are super friendly to people and to their cage mates once the pecking order is establish.

7. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I think they are...
    1. Old English Game
    2. Black Cochin
    3. Brahma?
    4. Buff? Polish
    5. Blue/Porcelain? D Uccle
    6. Brahma/Cochin?
    Good Luck and injoy your new feather kids [​IMG]

8. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree that #5 is a porcelain d'Uccle. We have 4 our in our play house right now.

Is she super sweet, like to be held and moves slowly - even stops so you can pick her up? Does she just stand there and let others peck her and then just look at them? Falls asleep in your hand? Then she is def. a d'Uccle. You will LOVE them.

9. TrixiePA

May 1, 2009
    South Central PA
    It never occurred to me to think d'uccle. I ordered 3 out of an order due to come this week in mille fleur but would be pleased as all get out to have another. I did notice that it started with a beard this afternoon. Yea!

As for personality on day one when we brought them home we nicknamed this one the 'bully'. Since then it's calmed down and does get still when I hold him/her.

Thank you for looking. It's like Christmas, love the wrapped present and then get to figure out what it is....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by