***TSC Assorted Bantams*** Tiny Dark Grey Bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Lots A Cluckin, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    This little guy is one of the smallest of the bunch...he has no feathers on his feet either

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Might be a blue Old English. But I have to say, I got 2 bantam blue Andalusians at TSC last year. I got a black roo and a splash hen. They are making me some GORGEOUS babies this year! Lots of people on here insisted that isn't what they were. The hen's type isn't great, and her eggs are very light pink, not snow white, but I have a 6wk old chick out in my barn with better lacing than I have ever seen on any non-European Andalusians. :) So there is a chance you got one, too. :) And that chick looks like it's going to be blue when it's older. It's hard to say what the exact breed is until you see it's earlobes and adult feathering, though.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I would ask your TSC where they get their chicks. Mine gets them from Mt. Healthy, and today I called them to find out what might be in the mixed banty bin. They have old english, cochins, mille fleur, golden sebright, and silkies. I found great pictures of banties today on Cackle Hatchery's websight. My guess is OEG banty, maybe a brown red, but I'm no expert.

4. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    My TSC, the workers say they get all their chicks from Mt Healthy, but they also get them from local breeders. But if you ask, they will just say they all came from Mt Healthy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by