TSC Bantam Bin...Another round of NAME THAT CHICKEN!!!

Sweetpea3829

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
Picked up our TSC's last eight bantams yesterday. One is definitely a silkie. But I can't seem to identify the rest...all of whom look like this:

I should see if I can get a better picture...some of them have some barring on the wings.

Oh yay!!! The mystery is solved!!! I had googled a few pictures and the chick pictures I kept coming up with for silver sebright seemed to have less yellow and more silvering to them...but I'm glad we solved the mystery!

Anybody? I was thinking Silver Sebright? Here's a picture of one of them all stretched out...you can see its wing feathers coming in.

Anybody? I was thinking Silver Sebright? Here's a picture of one of them all stretched out...you can see its wing feathers coming in.

Guess what? No not chicken butt but I do have the same chicks you have, Mt. Healthy was the hatchery from TSC. I picked up three of these that look EXACTLY like your and my research as well as BYC has concluded they are

Silver Seabrights. Your's are a little younger than mine but with time (mine are 3 weeks) you'll see them develop low hanging wings in a pretty silver laced pattern. Here's a picture from McMurray's website. Notice that crazy zebra pattern on their backs?

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/bantam_silver_sebright.html

Congrats on the nice find! I'm confused on my other two. I think I have two D'Uccles or two Buff Brahma. Hard to define the beard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom