TSC bantams...what are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by alliecat2886, Mar 13, 2013.

1. alliecat2886

alliecat2886 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got what I thought were four silkies and two mystery chicks out of the assorted bantam bin today. I've now realized that in my excit[​IMG]ememt of finding fuzzy feet in the bantam bin I did not count toes and they only have four. :-( o believe I got cochins (?) And still no idea what the other two are. Here is a pic of all six. The two multi colored ones are what I'm curious about... [​IMG] Here is a side veiw of the mystery chicks [​IMG] Front view [​IMG] Here's a few pix of my fuzzy feet babies. Feel free to tell me what they may be. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    they are acctually cochins ( my favorite breed XD )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

they grow up big and fat :)
    Not great layers, but excellent broodies and extremely friendly (as friendly as silkies)

they are AWESOME!
    [​IMG]

looks like you have...

A BUFF
    [​IMG]

A BLACK
    [​IMG]

A BLUE ( OR SPLASH)
    [​IMG]

A MOTTLED
    [​IMG]

3. alliecat2886

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thank you so much! Any ideas what my chipmunk chicks are?

4. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    golden campine (i think)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. HeltsleyHen

HeltsleyHen Out Of The Brooder

Mar 8, 2013
    We have a grey cochin and she is turning out beautiful! She looked like the one you have with yellow head and grey back.
    They are adorable chicks.....would love to see how they turn out! We are new to chickens and have 9 all different - cochin, blue silkie, gold laced wyandotte, light brahma, ancona, blue marens, sicilian buttercup, americauna and welsummer.
    This pic was a couple of weeks ago when we first got her - her feathers are much fuller now and her feet look like she is wearing grey fluffy socks.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]

6. alliecat2886

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks so much!! They aren't very pretty birds...might have to sell them. Anyone know their temperment?

7. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

The chipmunk chicks might be Fayoumis, or EE. Others have gotten Fayoumis from TSC asst bantam bins recently. Though I don't think their heads usually have so many markings.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  8. alliecat2886

Feb 26, 2013
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would be so happy if they were ee!

9. bumblefrubee

bumblefrubee New Egg

Mar 13, 2013
    Hello! This is Pipper a cute bantam i picked out at TSC she is the funniest of the bunch! she runs all over the brooder at lightning speeds haha anyone know what she is? Thanks! [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]

10. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    WHAT! cochins are the cutiest cuddliest loviest birds that are full of personality. THey will jump into your aarms for a cuddle and loyaly protect their chicks!

and the campines are beautiful in my opinion...

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by