TSC Breeds

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kirghizstan, Feb 24, 2015.

1. kirghizstan

kirghizstan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2014
    Mass, USA
    What breeds of sexed chicks does Tractor Supply usually get?

2. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    They get all sorts, not every TSC gets the same breeds.

3. CliffB

CliffB Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    If they are sexed expect them to be BSL, RSL, EE, and the occasional specialty breed.

4. kirghizstan

kirghizstan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2014
    Mass, USA
    Just talked to the closest TSC and they say they received pullets but no label of their breed. Just great. They need to get the stuff together

5. CliffB

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    They need to get their stuff together because the hatchery didn't label the box?

6. Halloweengirl13

Halloweengirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2013
    Valdosta Ga
    Ours had the same problem, new hatchery and not much info with them. Had fun with other chick buyers playing guess that chick tho Lol.

7. CliffB

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    I am willing to bet if clothes came into walmart unlabeled the employees couldn't tell you if it's a cotton polyester blend or pure cotton. I personally don't understand why so many people are so frustrated over it. Pick out 6 healthy energetic chicks, take them home and show them love and affection and watch what they grow up to be. Whether it's a BSL, RSL, RIR, BO, BA, BR or BCM they all are great egg layers and will not disappoint their new owners in 15-18 weeks when they start churning out eggs.

8. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Unless, of course the newbie picks out 6 nice big chicks, and finds out later that they are all CXR. IMO TSC has no business selling chicks if they can't tell the customer what they are getting. Further, If I went to Walmart, and there was clothing that was not labeled regarding fabric content, I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

9. Rocky64

Rocky64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2015
    People have preferences when it comes to looks, I like the look of BR, RIR, and Isa browns, but I don't like the looks of leghorns, broilers, and some others they sell at TSC. It's just like with dogs, some breeds just suit people better than others.

10. CliffB

Oct 5, 2014
    Georgia
    Which if you have preferences odds are you have researched the breeds and probably can identify a BR chick from a Leghorn chick correct?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by