1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TSC Chicks...What Are We!!??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickaroo!, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I got these from TSC this morning. Anyone have an educated guess on what breed/gender they might be? All of them, except the black one, is suppose to be female. The black one was in the straight run bin, so who knows [​IMG]

Chick 1
    [​IMG]

Chick 2
    [​IMG]

Chick 3
    [​IMG]

Chick 4
    [​IMG]

Chick 5
    [​IMG]

Group Photo!
    [​IMG]

2. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    OOOHHH, no one has any guess!? I can't wait!!! [​IMG] I'm so excited to name them, but don't want to until I have a guess as to what they are! I'm gonna bust!!! [​IMG]

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I dont know, they look like the ones I got too, pick up one of thier flyers, so you can limit your guesses to what they had available.

4. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    I didn't know they even had flyers. The girl working there didn't even mention it either!

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Hard to say. The lighter ones could be Buff Orpingtons, Gold or Red Sexlinks, even RIRs: it's hard to tell with the reddish lighting.

Post some more pics in a few days when the wing feathers start coming in and in natural daylight if possible!

They are cuties!

6. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

My TSC bought their chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery. If you find out where they got them from you can check their website for the breeds they sell.

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    The color is shot on this old laptop I am on this morning but if number 3 is reddish it looks like a rhode island red to me based on head shape and carriage.

8. Chickaroo!

Dec 27, 2007
    Okay, I'll try to take some better pics. and repost them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by