TSC Chicks, What Did I Get?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by koakritters, Mar 16, 2012.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    Ok, I went lookign for silkies, no silkies. [​IMG] So no new chicks, right? Nope... 6 bantam chicks later and I have NO clue what I got... I think several are Cochins they have fluffy feet, however, one I got that's a bit older has fluffy feet, on inspecting at home it has 5 toes! No black skin though... What are they?

Black one is TINY, the other one- Cochin?
    [​IMG]

left to right: Cochin (?) tiny white one, and maybe another Cochin?
    [​IMG]

This is the 5 toes one, it's maybe 2 weeks old or so, it was the last older one in with teh bantams and was trying to fly out, so I brought it home, hoping it's a girl... feathering look girls to me, but it has a little comb trying to grow... What is it?
    [​IMG]

2. heybarb

heybarb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    The last one looks like 2 bantams I got at Tractor Supply 2 weeks ago...but I don't know what they are...I'm guessing cochin, but I am a true newbie, so don't take my word for it! Here's a picture taken of one of mine a few days ago.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  3. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    They do! :)

Anyone have any ideas about the 5-toed one???? I didn't know anything other than silkies got 5 toes...

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Sultans, Dorkings, silkies, Faverolles and Houdans all have 5 toes. I would guess yours is a mix by the looks - either a silkie cross or Faverolles cross.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Probably mixes. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they were knowing the hatcheries. Not sure on breeds, but let me tell you that little black chick is ADORABLE? Me want to steal! ; ) Better watch it!

~ Aspen

6. koakritters

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    i know! I grabbed it because it was just so small and cute... I named HER Paisley! :) If I keep thinking they're all girls it'll come true, right???

7. VannahRAe

VannahRAe Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Hohenwald, TN
    so cute!! I want the little white one.:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by