TSC Chicks :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WhiteCochinLover, Jan 24, 2012.

1. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland
    I want to get chicks from tractor supply company this year and I was wondering how much they are what breeds they sell and what months do they sell them. If anyone knows about the TSC in salisbury maryland thats probably where I would get them from. Also would I need a heat lamp? If so how much would that cost. I havent raised chicks without a mother hen around so its kinda new.... PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Thanks

2. yoie

yoie Chillin' With My Peeps

I got them last year at the TSC in Seaford, not to far from the Salisbury one. Last year they mostly had Ameracaunas (EE's), Red Pullets, Tetra Tints, and Meat birds (Cornish Crosses). With a few Peking ducklings. They started the last Friday in February till the last Friday in March. If you didn't get there first thing when they opened, they were gone in like the first half hour. I usually called ahead to find out when they were coming in [​IMG] You had to get at least 6 chicks at they averaged about $2.50-$3.00 per chick. You'll need a heat lamp, but at least they usually have them right there along with the handy chick kits! The TSC in Seaford got their chicks from Mt.Healthy Hatchery so any breeds they carry they might have. I am ordering from Mt. Healthy and Ideal Poultry this year, but I probably will be stopping at TSC too! Hopefully the one in Easton will be opening soon, it is so much closer to me than Seaford to get that chickie fix!

3. tec27

tec27 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Yea you have to buy six chickens. I was told that its a state law. Pennsylvania enforces it because i had to buy six. Here is the tractor supply order form.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcssto...cts/chickdays/Chick Days Brochure_low res.pdf

4. WhiteCochinLover

WhiteCochinLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2011
    Maryland

Yea the easton one is closer to us too. Thanks i really want some chickie babies

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by