TSC Chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BA CHICK CHICK, Mar 18, 2013.

1. BA CHICK CHICK

BA CHICK CHICK Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Fredericksburg Va
    Anbody getting TSC chicks soon? [​IMG]

2. rwdeets23

rwdeets23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    just got 12 silver laces , 13 Cornish rock,2 bantams from em.... may get a few more haven't decided yet

3. res

res Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 3 red stars and 3 white rocks (or are they Leghorns?) about a month ago, and 2 bantams a week ago. Haven't walked by the bins again, because the temptation to bring more home is too great...

Two of the chicks had poopy butt when I brought them home, but it cleared up immediately when I removed the caked on pile of poo. Other than that, they have been amazingly healthy and extremely entertaining. And growing like crazy - I have "upsized" their brooders 3x now, and am at my limit on how big I can get. Next step is the coop...

If you are in Fredrickburg, your local TSC should already have chicks. I think they just had a poultry swap last weekend - they have them pretty frequently. I am just across the Harry Nice Bridge from VA, so I sometimes come over to shop in VA vs. MD.

4. owennreedsmama

owennreedsmama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2013
    Just got red pullets. They are so cute! :love

5. leemamahen

leemamahen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    Western MA
    I got five red pullets and five white leghorns almost three weeks ago. Today I got three black stars. They look tiny compared to the others. [​IMG]

6. mattsinger

mattsinger Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2013
    Davison, MI
    I picked up 4 cornish rocks and 2 ISA Browns. They seem to be doing very well.

[​IMG]

7. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    well I got 2 Khaki Campbell's Ducks from them last week and tomorrow we are going to start out chicken flock. we are getting a few Leghorns, maybe black giants and red sex links :)

8. mary3128

mary3128 New Egg

Jan 1, 2013
    On the 5th we got some bantam chicks. They're all mixed up bantams and straight runs. My daughter (11) who loves researching chickens tried to sexed them. They all seem to look like hens, except for one little Frizzle, who's getting a comb.

9. kada6305

kada6305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    Kersey, Pennsylvania
    Will be getting 8 chicks tonight we are getting 4 of the red pullets 2 leghorns, and 2 speckled sussex :)

10. Lolipop

Lolipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    CT
    Got some on Saturday. 4 silkies, 1 porcelain d'uccle, and one mystery buff colored chick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here is the mystery chick:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by