1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TSC Coop Country Classic Xl Thoughts??

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Chribroo, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chribroo

Chribroo Just Hatched

Jan 28, 2017
    Michigan
    My Husband purchase me this coop Yesterday. Sorry can upload a photo so checking out the www.tractorsupply.com and search Country Classic XL coop. Again my apologizes. We live in Michigan so it will be months before setup got it half off at TSC. Also bought the expansion run that I plan on using for keeping our baby chicks in till we can put them in the coop and using for contained free ranging. At this point Free ranging is out of the question for my husband. He's has never had chickens so he is either afraid or doesn't want them pooping everywhere. Hoping he will love them and change his mind. What are your thoughts ? Also says holds up to 8 chicken my plan is max 6.

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
  3. LadyVictorian

LadyVictorian Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2016
    Minnesota
    This coop can only hold about 4 fully grown chickens. It's a lot smaller than it says it is so if you intend to keep 6 full grown chickens in it you will need to build a larger coop as they grow. I have this coop and it couldn't even comfortably fit 8 bantam chickens. I always look at what store bought coops say they can hold and cut it in half. If a coop says it holds 6 probably only holds 3. If it says it holds 8 it only holds 4, if it says it holds 2 then it only holds 1. It's such a tiny coop. I'm only using mine for my chickens when they are 4-8 weeks old in the spring then moving them into a 10x24 horse stall that we have renovated as a new chicken coop.

1 person likes this.
  4. Chribroo

Chribroo Just Hatched

Jan 28, 2017
    Michigan

We are using the expansion run for the for weeks 3-8 and a large rabblit plastic bottom cage for weeks 1-3. No this would be their coop. And we would build a run around it. With a half slat roof other half open to elements.

I also have a basic coop we would us in the winter with a slant roof. Made with 2 x 4 construction that is 4x4 x 4 and 24 inches underneath.

Should I just stick to our basic coop?

5. Chribroo

Chribroo Just Hatched

Jan 28, 2017
    Michigan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is when I picked it up it's now painted all white!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by