TSC Free Range Hen House (SKU 1077086)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mingus, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Mingus

Mingus New Egg

Mar 3, 2014
    Looking very hard for a safe, ez clean, well made chicken coop. Has anyone had experience with Tractor Supply's "Free Range Hen House?" SKU 1077086 It's metal. I see a lot of wood coops and some plastic models, but not so many metal. Is metal ok for coop? Thanks!

2. The Farm

The Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Could you up load a pic on BYC? I f not that's fine.
    I have a coop that is made of metal but also has wood to. I love it!!!

3. Mingus

Mingus New Egg

Mar 3, 2014
  4. Mingus

Mingus New Egg

Mar 3, 2014
    Hmmm. It's on the Tractor Supply Co. website. Tried to give you the link but BackYardChickens doesn't allow. Can you see the picture of the metal coop on the TSC site?

5. jenniemig

jenniemig Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
  6. Mingus

Mingus New Egg

Mar 3, 2014
    Here is the pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mingus

Mingus New Egg

Mar 3, 2014
    Yes - that's it! MD winter this year is very cold. Usually not too bad, but does get to freezing. Perhaps I can cover with tarp and/or enclose wire panels better?

Also, do you think there's enough area for nesting boxes? And, will the chickens (6) have enough room up there on that shelf? Does that ladder up look chicken-user-friendly?

Thank you for your help!

8. The Farm

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    OK cool looking, I think they will get cool in there in-less it is insulated though.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  9. jenniemig

jenniemig Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I live in Florida, so I'm not sure if it would work for you there with your winter. Maybe another member can chime in about weatherproofing it to make it warmer in the winter. I know that ventilation will be great during the summer.

I am building a 6X6 coop out of a greenhouse frame that I got for free, and a local lumber company gave me all of the siding, free as well. I will have 8 hens, 2 nesting boxes, and almost 12' of roost for them. It is a lot crammed into my coop but they will spend a majority of their time in their run.

10. The Farm

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Your puppy is so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by