1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

TSC Grab Bag

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ameliadanielle, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ameliadanielle

ameliadanielle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    So, it looks like we won't be getting any silkies after all. We went to TSC this afternoon and we came home with these things. Four more. Now we have 12. :| I swear we won't be setting foot in there again until June. I have no clue what these guys are. It's looking more and more like we're just going to have to add a net over the top of our entire backyard.

Group
    [​IMG]

Red Chick
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two greyish chicks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

My guess is red chicken (Production Red/Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire) and Easter Eggers.

1 person likes this.
  3. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    With the red one, I googled red baby chicks, and saw some that looked like this labeled as RIR. However, when I searched rhode island red, none of those chicks looked like this one. The bottom one, I thought was an EE, that's why I grabbed her (the only one that looked like that). The other two, I had zero idea. We basically went in and picked out all the oddballs. These didn't look like any of the other chicks. Hopefully they ARE pullets and not just extras that somehow got mixed in.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

1 person likes this.
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree with those guesses. "Chicken Math" strikes again! Very few BYC members are immune to it. :eek:)

1 person likes this.
  6. ameliadanielle

Feb 18, 2015
    Georgia
    Instead of a 12ft X 12ft run I'm going to need a 16ft X 16ft. I don't even know if I can build something like that myself and have it remain standing. Lol. I don't trust my building skills at all. The bigger the run gets, the bigger I have to build a screened in wooden frame and keep it sturdy.

No more chickens until we eat some. Lol.

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

Cute chicks!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by