TSC has baby chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by scgamecock, Dec 15, 2008.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    They get their's from Ideal but I do believe they maybe mistaken on that this time.I got 3 out of the pullet tub that have to be Blue Wyandotte's.I know Ideal doesn't sell them but they definately are blue and have a rose comb.I'll get picture's tomorrow but I know I'm not seeing things.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Weird that they have chicks in Dec. My feedstore sells thousands of chicks throughout the year, every month except Nov and Dec. They'll be getting their first batch of 2009 about the middle of January. Cant wait to see the pictures, Marlon.

3. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    None of my local stores sell live birds anymore except one small hardware store over in the next state to draw kids/families in at Easter.
    When they did it was only a one time a year deal.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  4. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I know Cynthia.I just happen to stop in and found them by accident.They have ducks too.

5. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Our TSC informed me they only sell chicks in March and a little into April. I believe I was told theirs come from Mt Healthy...
    Cindy

6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    My dh is the Asst Mgr at our TSC store. They only have chicks in March/April as well. Theirs come from Privett.

7. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Dang, too bad Conway is too far from me...I really need a rooster to straighten out my crowing hen.[​IMG]

8. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Honey I could fix you right up.I got em from 2 years old to 6 months take your pick.Pure breed and Mutt's.

9. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:If Conway is where I'm thinking...you might be too far from me. Seems like we go through Conway on our way to Myrtle B. I really appreciate the offer though. I'm really having a difficult time with a hen that thinks she is a roo.

10. flamingauburnmustang

flamingauburnmustang Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    South Africa
    Quote:If Conway is where I'm thinking...you might be too far from me. Seems like we go through Conway on our way to Myrtle B. I really appreciate the offer though. I'm really having a difficult time with a hen that thinks she is a roo.

I have heard an old wives tale, that if you struggle with a crowing rooster, (I suppose your hen would count), [​IMG] you must put a perch right above her sleeping place, so everytime she crows, she will hit her head. [​IMG]

It hasn't been proven, but hey, no harm in just trying. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by