TSC has hanger 1 Gallon Water on sale for $5

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chuckzoo, Jan 19, 2011.

1. chuckzoo

chuckzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
  2. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Yep, I am a big fan of these....I have probably 10 total, if not more. I use them in chick brooders and isolation pens. I like to keep extra so I can just swap them out sometimes. Every time they go on sale for $5 (it happens a few times a year) I buy a couple new ones.

Last year they had the 3 gallon waterer go on sale for $15 (instead of $20). I'm waiting for that to happen again so I can get another one!

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    I have a bunch of these as well. Looks like I will be going and getting more. Plus, they fir perfectly on top of the cookie tin heaters my hubby made.

4. chuckzoo

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    My waterer is a little hard to get into the slots to lock it in place. Was yours like this initially? I am assuming it will loosen up a bit with time.

5. acid_chipmunk

Mar 29, 2010
    Mine was, too. Another thing my hubby noticed is, if you have multiple ones, it seems as though the tops only go with the particular bottom they came with. We have the tops and bottoms marked now so we know which ones go together once they come out of the dishwasher.

6. 1 Bad Rotti

1 Bad Rotti Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2010
    Mine is a tight fit as well, but I kinda like that. I had some that were threaded,threw them away because the threads were always stripping.

7. chuckzoo

Apr 20, 2009
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Good to know I'll keep that in mind.

8. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    Quote:Dishwasher! Now why didn't I ever think of that?? I rant and rave every time I try to clean the %#&*# bottom of those plastic waterers because it is near impossible to get into all the tight spaces. DUH!

9. acid_chipmunk

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:Dishwasher! Now why didn't I ever think of that?? I rant and rave every time I try to clean the %#&*# bottom of those plastic waterers because it is near impossible to get into all the tight spaces. DUH!

LOL!!! The dishwasher makes it so much easier! We use white vinegar when we clean them. Works very well, even if it does make the kitchen stink. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by