TSC- light yellow chicks with black speck's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wetherwell, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Wetherwell

Wetherwell Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2011
    I've read thru this thread a bit but cant figure out what my babies could be.

They were in the yellow chick trough at TSC and the sign on the trough said potential breeds : RIR, Black Sex Link , Barred Rock and Isa Brown.

Well we know they're not Barred Rocks or Black Sex LInks ( which I did get at Rural King a week later wooo hooo ) because they're yellow.....

I bought 6 and one died ( sniff sniff ) and one of the 6 I believe is at least a week older because it was three times the size as the others.

These babies are a light yellow and they have little black speck's here and there . One even has one black speck on each side of it's beak. Pretty neat lookin.

I dont have any good pictures of the yellow babies but I could get one today. I picked them up on March 9th, and was told they were 3-4 day olds. I know the big huge one is several days older ( and I bet a roo as well just by how the tail feathers are growng ).

I also picked up 6 of the production reds that day from them as well but yet have to figure out what breed they are ( not that it matters with the reds ).

Im just really really really ( okay, you get the picture LOL ) curious as to what the yellow ones are or could be since I do not think they're any of the breeds listed on the trough .

The specks on the yellow babies are about the size of a fat marker point.

2. chickenmommy1

chickenmommy1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    I have the same little light yellow with black spots chick from TSC and they are guessing a California White [​IMG]

3. Wetherwell

Nov 28, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Wetherwell

Nov 28, 2011
    I have never heard of that one before. I'll go check them out on a google search.

I hope that's not what they are. The hawks around here get the white chickens but dont bother the other colors. And honestly, I dont want white eggs.

Thank you for the reply. I did post a couple of photos.

5. zinia8

zinia8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reels Corner, PA.
    Tetra Tint. Lays white to light brown eggs

6. PAchicks007

PAchicks007 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    I couldn't get your pictures to pull up for me, but from description, it sounds like you have Tetra Tints. I think they are supposed to be high producers of cream to light brown eggs.

7. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Light yellow with black specs could be a California white.

8. Wetherwell

Nov 28, 2011
    Sorry. I dont know what I did wrong to get the photos to *not* show up. I asked the mod to pull that post.

9. Leslieb118

Leslieb118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2011
    Louisville
    The ones I got at TSC were Tetra Tints. Yellowish with black specks here and there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by