TSC mystery breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by imtippmann, Mar 17, 2013.

1. imtippmann

imtippmann New Egg

Mar 13, 2013
    I decided to pick up some chicks from TSC last week due to a bad experience with my previous supplier. I got 13 of my normal production red pullets and 7 more on impulse from the group labeled "pullets". I only use the girls for bug control around the property, a good size flock is easier and cheaper than any spray i have ever found and they work year around, the eggs are just a bonus for my family and friends. Now for the big question, figuring out what they are. Im no good at telling one breed from the other, so i wish to bow to the knowledge of the forum.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks in advance

2. Chickenclucker

Chickenclucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    Western Slope, Co
    I got a few chicks that look like this....mine are amber white and buff cochin but hard to tell with such a plain standard chick look. Good luck

3. Chickenclucker

Chickenclucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2012
    Western Slope, Co
    or perhaps white leghorn?

4. Mac14

Mac14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    I'd probably have to agree with it being a leghorn. [​IMG]

5. imtippmann

imtippmann New Egg

Mar 13, 2013
    excellent, i am useless when it comes to knowing one from the other. I'm hoping they are egg layers of any kind so they stick around for a few years to eat bugs out of the garden

6. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    Yes, leghorn. I was thinking they looked like cornish cross, but their legs weren't nearly large enough and they weren't feathering out fast enough. Leghorn makes much more sense.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by