TSC sold me different Breeds????? FYI cuteness overload

Gatordog

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
I bought what I thought were 8 RIR's pullets from Tractor Supply, but It looks like 2 are the same and 6 are the same. It looks like the darker ones (the 2) are the RIR's, but what are the other 6. This picture is about a week old and the difference in looks is even greater. The lighter ones have white wing feathers.

)

The lighter ones look like my Buff Orpingtons did when I first got them.
Here is a picture of my girls with a (I think, not 100% sure) leghorn pullet. We got ours on March 11th so they are about 1 month and 11 days old.

Thats is what I was thinking, just was not sure. BO are good to. The BO's seem to be growing faster then the Reds, but the Reds are more outgoing.

If their feathers are coming in white then they are red sex links, also known as red stars. They will eventually get red in their feathers and be mostly red fading to white from front to back.

Yep ... I bought some of those too. It just said Red in TSC and they are Red Sex Links. Look like the ones I bought. Being new, I thought Red would be RIR, but now that I see their feathering, they're definitely Red Sex Links.

Are Red sex links a good egg producer? And what type of egg? How big do they get?

Back
Top Bottom