TSC - supposed to be GLW but? Let me know if you think they are male or female, IYO.

They're not Golden Laced Wyandottes. It looks like you have a Speckled Sussex (the dark brown bird), and two Easter Eggers. The Sussex and the lighter Easter Egger look like cockerels.

Hello, fellow Wichitan! Can I ask when you got your chicks, and whether it was from the Augusta or W. Wichita store? I have a little speckled sussex roo that I got from the W. Wichita store the last week of February, and he is feathering in very slowly and extremely patchy with some odd looking feathers. He still doesn't have any tail at all, and only a few feathers on his back! The other two that I got at the same time (also roos, unfortunately) are, I suspect, a week older than the sussex guy and are different breeds, so I don't have a good comparison to tell whether he's normal or if I have a problem. Since yours is likely from the same hatchery and may even be from the same batch of chicks, it might give me a starting point! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom