TSC tint chick suddenly fatter and larger than others??

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dobela, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Dobela

Dobela Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Pictures coming as soon as I can find the cord to load them.

I have 2 week old TSC tints, 3 of them. They are the same age, or are supposed to be. They were all the same size and have all feathered in at the same rate. In the last couple of days however one is easily 2x the size of the others. It looks like a fluffy fat marshmallow walking around. It's feet are taking a new tint - kind of dark coloring - that is different than the others. It seems to be getting around ok and will eat and drink while I am watching. No bulges or hard places on the body. No signs of pasty butt or blockages (that I can tell). This chick is easily as big around as a grapefruit while the others are much smaller.

Anything just by this description I need to be concerned about or handle?

On medicated feed, same as the others. Food and water available 24/7.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Oh no... did someone pick up a meat chick and put it in the tint bin? Sounds like a meat bird, cornish x.

3. Dobela

Dobela Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    Arkansas
    Oh , no is right. I went to look at the photos in the breeds and they look the same. Ugh. Off to see what I need to do now. This is ds's chick and he won't want to hear it will need to die instead of provide eggs.....

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well... you've got about 6 weeks to decide. Best of luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by