Tucson,Az “dwelling house of others”??

LevineryThros

Hatching
Dec 5, 2021
So, the law here states “any coup or run for housing birds must be a minimum of 50 feet from the residential structures of others” in one place and “
it shall be unlawful for any person to keep or maintain, within fifty (50) feet of the dwelling house of any other person within the city, any coop, house, shed or other structure, or yard, corral or enclosure for housing, keeping or caring for any pigeons or fowl of any kind.”

Well, I am renting in a duplex…. Does it count as 1 dwelling or 2? I am not finding any information on this so far.
Thank you in advance for your response and help!

So, the law here states “any coup or run for housing birds must be a minimum of 50 feet from the residential structures of others” in one place and “
it shall be unlawful for any person to keep or maintain, within fifty (50) feet of the dwelling house of any other person within the city, any coop, house, shed or other structure, or yard, corral or enclosure for housing, keeping or caring for any pigeons or fowl of any kind.”

Well, I am renting in a duplex…. Does it count as 1 dwelling or 2? I am not finding any information on this so far.
Thank you in advance for your response and help!
I would first make sure your landlord says it’s ok. As for being a duplex, your coop would have to be 50 feet away from the building at all parts, and also 50 feet from any neighbors living quarters. Personally I wouldn’t keep livestock if I was on shared property, but if your landlord is ok with it, maybe have a chat with the person/people in the duplex to avoid any potential arguments later.

Thank you, my landlord is alright if it meets legal standards. I was counting on the “of others” part for the 50ft requirement. Alas,the yard is just short for coop plus 50ft from any dwelling. So, I will not be able to have the coop, as I won’t sacrifice the space for the coop itself.(even at smallest for needs plus space for me to move, is not something I want to do size wise)

Back
Top Bottom