TuffOldHen here is your Orp/Brahma cross

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by scgamecock, Feb 4, 2009.

1. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG]

It's in the middle, and the other two are just mutts that hatched for companionship.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The brown faced one is really interesting.Not sure what cross it is but looks cute.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I particularly like the Orp/Brahma crosses. Suede's babies with Caroline always were very vigorous and good-looking. Cute little ones!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Pretty chick, it will make you a great laying hen (lets hope for hen anyway)!! I love their markings as they grow out!!

Can't mistake those little fuzzy legs for a cross!!! LOL

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I hope it's a hen too Sandy.I have no problem with mixed breed chickens as I find most of them very attractive.We love to eat fresh egg's and sell the rest so it doesn't matter to me.Here is a picture of a 7 month old cockeral that I'm sure is a Blue Orp/ Buff Brahma cross.He is so shiny and I can't decide if I'm gonna keep him and rehome one of my other roo's.He not mean but he's not the cuddly type but I've been working with him on that.He has a pea comb and no feathered feet.He is huge and I can't imagine how big he will be when he's 18 months old.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by