Tufted Roman?

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I need some help. I got two goslings sent on Feb. 29th; one Grey Saddleback Pomeranian and one Tufted Roman. But as they are growing I am not sure the one is a Tufted Roman. She is twice the size of the Pomeranian and has no tuft. Do Romans grow faster than the Pomeranians? I got these two breeds for their small size, but the one is monsterous! I really need to get a better pic, her head is almost feathered in now and still no tuft. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have any updated pics? Mine were sent Feb 15, and my pair look just like yours. After I got in touch with ideal they told me they sometimes don't develop tufts until adults, but since mine have no sign of tufts they believe I recieved embdens, which would also explain why they are so BIG. I ordered them because they are supposed to be small too.
roll.png
They've issued a credit, but now I have to decide if I can deal with these big guys, or if I can bring myself to sell them and try again for the geese I wanted.

Do you have any updated pics? Mine were sent Feb 15, and my pair look just like yours. After I got in touch with ideal they told me they sometimes don't develop tufts until adults, but since mine have no sign of tufts they believe I recieved embdens, which would also explain why they are so BIG. I ordered them because they are supposed to be small too.
roll.png
They've issued a credit, but now I have to decide if I can deal with these big guys, or if I can bring myself to sell them and try again for the geese I wanted.

Julie those birds are 100% embdens.

I need some help. I got two goslings sent on Feb. 29th; one Grey Saddleback Pomeranian and one Tufted Roman. But as they are growing I am not sure the one is a Tufted Roman. She is twice the size of the Pomeranian and has no tuft. Do Romans grow faster than the Pomeranians? I got these two breeds for their small size, but the one is monsterous! I really need to get a better pic, her head is almost feathered in now and still no tuft. Any help would be appreciated.

Sometimes tufted romans do not have a tuft, indeed. its is another strain of them....but if they were advertised as tufted romans then they should be. I raise and show them to standard and if you go to my webpage on the call duck page you will see them swimming in a V shape on the pond... My goslings hatch with HUGE tufts....as they should! they are tufted roman. Lol....but i cull the ones with small tufts. never get any with no tuft.

Sometimes tufted romans do not have a tuft, indeed. its is another strain of them....but if they were advertised as tufted romans then they should be. I raise and show them to standard and if you go to my webpage on the call duck page you will see them swimming in a V shape on the pond... My goslings hatch with HUGE tufts....as they should! they are tufted roman. Lol....but i cull the ones with small tufts. never get any with no tuft.

I checked out your pics, and your Tufted Romans are
droolin.gif
Mine is now almost completely feathered in except the wing feathers and a few side feathers. It still has absolutely no tuft at all. I have a feeling I ended up with an Ebden too. I guess I should contact Ideal again and get some new pics of her. She is here to stay, she is my Mom's favorite and my DH calls her the ugly duckling. He has no idea that she is a goose
lau.gif
Also is it normal for her to have a little wave to her feathers? The Pomeranian in nice and smooth, while this one looks a little messy?

I checked out your pics, and your Tufted Romans are
droolin.gif
Mine is now almost completely feathered in except the wing feathers and a few side feathers. It still has absolutely no tuft at all. I have a feeling I ended up with an Ebden too. I guess I should contact Ideal again and get some new pics of her. She is here to stay, she is my Mom's favorite and my DH calls her the ugly duckling. He has no idea that she is a goose
lau.gif
Also is it normal for her to have a little wave to her feathers? The Pomeranian in nice and smooth, while this one looks a little messy?

Like this?

I figured I should update and say that I sent new pics to Ideal. And they said that I definitely got an Embden by mistake. They are going to refund me since they sent the wrong breed. It happens, I just wish they had sent another breed of small goose by mistake. This one is going to be huge!

Back
Top Bottom